Oliver Knott Plant Laterite 2L / 3.1kg
Plant Laterite is a rich mineral based substrate. It can be used as a base fertilizer platform with other substrates. Alternatively, the unique properties of Plant Laterite allow it to be used alone as an all in one fertilizer and gravel substrate.
As Plant Laterite contains a clay component please follow these instructions before use:
- Rinse in a bucket or sieve to remove the smallest particles. Do not over wash.
- Plant Laterite will continue to let off some red clay whenever washed, this is normal.
- Use care when adding water to the tank, we recommend laying a bag or plate over the substrate so that the hose doesn’t disturb the substrate as you fill.
- Fill to 3-4cm above the Plant Laterite to make planting easier.
- Begin planting your aquarium. Make sure you spray your plants with water until the planting is complete.
- Use a scraper to create gradients if desired.
- Will initially cloud water. Ensure you use fine filter wool until the clay in the water is removed.