Aqua One QuickDrop Ammonia NH3 Test Kit
Regular testing and maintenance of water parameters are important for the health of fish, plants and coral. Aqua One test kits make it easy to balance a range of organic compounds helping to maintain a healthy aquarium.
- Testing Range: 0 – 10.0 ppm
- Efficiency: up to 60 tests
- Kit Includes : Colour Chart, Instructions, Test Tube, Regent Solutions A & B
Suitable For: Coldwater,Tropical & Marine
Uneaten food is a large contributor to ammonia levels. Fish waste can also cause spikes in ammonia as it decomposes. Dead plant matter or dead fish left in your tank will release large concentrations of ammonia.
The signs of ammonia stress are usually pretty easy to detect, especially if you are paying attention to your fish regularly.
- Loss of appetite.
- Hovering at the bottom of the tank (especially for surface dwelling fish)
- Gasping at the surface.
- Inflamed gills.
- Red streaks or inflammation in the fins.